Aqualyx is an injectable product which is used to help dissolve fat deposits. It is good for targeting stubborn fat deposits easily without having to resort to surgery.
Stubborn areas of fat can remain despite exercise and diet regimes, Aqualyx injections into these areas can help.
Aqualyx injections can be used anywhere on the body including:
- Pre jowl sulcus
Treatments may require repeating depending on the volume of fat. Treating a double chin may require 1 – 2 treatments however treating hips or thighs may need 5 – 6 treatments to achieve the desired result.
Aqualyx contains desoxycholan-acid which is a chemical naturally produced in our bodies (by the gall bladder), desoxycholan-acid normally helps us digest fat in our diet.
When injected into the fat under the skin Aqualyx binds to fat cells and breaks them down, the body then utilises this as energy or excretes it.
Total time approximately 30 minutes
- Consent and photographs
- Skin is prepared with antiseptic
- Anaesthetic is applied
- Skin is marked
- Aqualyx is injected into the fat
Post Procedure Management
- Bruising and redness may occur
- Avoid touching the skin or any application of products for 24 hours
- Avoid vigorous exercise, sauna and swimming for 24 hours
- Avoid alcohol for 24 hours
- Paracetamol for analgesia
- Pain, bruising, bleeding (common)
- Inflammation (common)
- Skin discolouration
- Infection (rare)
Single session from £280